police, know your rights Show more
Whether you decide to talk to the police or not, there are five points to remember:
1. The police do not grant permission for protests.
2. If organisers talk to the police, this should mean you have assessed that it will help make a protest more successful, rather than seeing it as an expectation on everyone who takes part.
3. If the police seek to impose conditions that are too restrictive, you do not have to accept them.
4. If the police want you to agree to ‘liaison policing’, you can instead insist on nominating your own liaison person to communicate directly with the senior officer on the day – or choose not to liaise with the police at all.
5. If you decide not to talk to the police, make sure you have legal observers present. Contact Green and Black Cross as early as possible to make arrangements
white supremacy in media re: terrorism Show more
Media trying to talk about Jewish folks or Muslim folks being victims of white supremacist terrorism without being offensive or bringing up racist, anti-Semitic or Islamophobic and irrelevant shit challenge
islamophobia, violence Show more
Last night a hundred or so people in Urk, Netherlands broke into the home of a family of Moroccan immigrants and beat them senseless.
The mob was heard chanting the name of Geert Wilders, a fascist politician known for anti-Muslim extremism and the leader of the minority coalition in the Dutch government.
This is a pogrom...
homophobia, bad joke in form of a threat Show more
im reading the denial of death and wow if ernest becker doesnt stop spouting homophobic nonsense he sure isnt gonna be in denial much longer
"The Green Anti-Capitalist Front is an alliance of groups and individuals united by a belief that capitalism is one of the core causes of the environmental crisis threatening us all, and that if we do not act soon the costs of that crisis will fall on the poor and powerless."
"We are calling for a broad anti-capitalist environmental movement based around the following points of unity:
1. An existential threat
2. Capitalism is the crisis
3. International class solidarity
4. Building collective power
5. Diversity of tactics
6. Horizontal, bottom-up structures
7. We need a new system"
"We do not have faith that capitalists – or their parliamentarian representatives – will act in time to limit climate change in a meaningful way."
Open Letter to Extinction Rebellion: https://greenanticapitalist.org/2019/03/01/open-letter-to-extinction-rebellion/